Thursday, September 16, 2010

Waste

I'm going to warn you ahead of time, this is just going to be a depressing rant because I need to vent. So, to anyone that happens to be scrolling through out of boredom, I suggest you just skip this one. To those that happen to care enough to suffer through it, I'm sorry for bringing your mood down and thanks.

The job market has really been killing me lately. I had an interview yesterday and was expecting a "qualification call" today (not exactly sure what that is, but I think it's kind of a second interview over the phone). However, the call never came. I probably should have just given in and called them instead of waiting around like a fool and I've already decided to call tomorrow to see what the deal is, but I just kind of feel like they would procrastinate on calling me if. There is even a slight chance that I would be considered for the position.

Art Van at least sent me an email as a follow up to my application letting me know that they were going after more qualified candidates. So, thanks,I guess, for giving me a heads up that I don't seem qualified enough to even get an interview for a position similar to the job that I've been doing for 4 years now. It's great to know that only scam jobs that would make me forfeit pretty much all of my moral code in order to make any money seem to think that I am worth anything outside of a minimum wage job at Target.

I'm just mad at myself right now. I'm mad that I wasted all that time and money at college for a piece of paper that no one in the real world cares about. I'm mad that I was foolish enough to be seduced by false promise of a decent job and left a job in which I was secure. I'm mad that everyone around me seems to be doing something worth while in their lives while I just stayed behind.

I'm going to go to bed and hope that my mood improves tomorrow. I'm not praying for an awesome job or a ton of money. I just want to know that I'm worth something.

3 comments:

OneBigHappy said...

God says you have worth. That means you do. Hope you have a better day today. And tomorrow.

Jake said...

Id have to agree with you about the job market in MI.. Ive been applying for jobs, and sending resumes to a ton of places too, with seemingly no hope. I tried careerbuilder.com and there are many job opportunities there, but many require lots of experience, and just as many are just scams. For example I applied for a job as an Electronics Assembler, or something like that, and got a call back the next day.. Excited, I looked for Shy Enterprises website, and it was super vague.. So i searched again, and found out its a door to door Kirby Vacuum Sales job (that doesnt like to pay its employees)!! Oh well, don't let it bring you down, my friend. See you in October!

Jake

Mailordersteve said...

I had the same run in with Shy lol. They offered me a job, but tried to dodge all of my questions. So, I googled them and found out the same info.