Sunday, December 7, 2008

Directions

I've been growing less and less confident in the career choice that I have laid out for myself.  It's not that I'm not good at it, I have been one of the top students in the electronics classes for the few years that I've been studying.  It has more to do with my interest in the subject.  I lack the passion that I see in other students.  Many of them have already decided what they want to specialize in, while I just slide by, hoping that what ever I study earns me a decent job after college.  I think I would be much happier with a career choice that deals more with people and less on the technical side.  

These feelings aren't all to recent.  It just feels like God was giving me directions and I took the wrong turn somewhere down the line.  I could have changed my major when I was still at the community college, and in fact I almost did, but I ended up talking myself out of it.  Rather than taking a chance, I continued down the safe road.  I stuck with the major that I was familiar with, instead of one that I am satisfied with.  Now I feel that it would be a waste to throw away everything and decide to start over.  I just wish I would have taken a risk and opened up to a new idea in the past.

On a side note, I have a new found love for very mellow music.  I have been cycling through Dustin Kensrue, Snow Patrol, Postal Service, A Fine Frenzy, and Lifehouse all weekend.  Being away from the metro-Detroit radio stations has really given me a chance to explore all the music that I have accumulated throughout the years and really redefined my musical tastes.  I just thought that was a pretty interesting effect. 

1 comment:

Zombie said...

Sorry to hear about your doubts. Give it a minute and pray, then do what you feel buddy, God is in control.