Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Blondes

Have you ever wondered who exactly gave blondes a bad name?  Well I think I found that girl during group processing for the RA position I applied for.  The processing consisted of 3 events in different rooms throughout a 3 hour time period.  While leaving the second event, I stopped to ask directions from a group standing out in the hall, and that's when SHE spoke up.  

"OH, Steve!" She exclaimed.
Thinking it was someone I had met at some point in time, I turned and said "Yeah?"
Excited to announce as if it was some Earth shattering breakthrough, "My brother's name is Steve.  He spells it the same way, too." 

Uh-huh...  I don't know what exactly influenced this outburst, but I now have a much clearer definition of the phrase "blonde moment."  Please don't get me wrong, I don't believe all blondes are like this and I know that everyone is capable of such acts, but it really made me think of the stereotype.  Especially because the first thing that anyone asks after I tell the story is "Was she blonde?"

I would like to end by saying that the majority of blonde's that I know personally seem to be rather intelligent and I am sorry if anyone took this post offensively.  I am simply attempting to shed light on those responsible for the stereotype.

2 comments:

Zombie said...

Steev
Steav
Stevve
Stevee
Staeve



Not sure how many spellings there are for Steve.

Im Your Music said...

all i have to say is....