Monday, January 12, 2009

Break

Hello again internet!  It's been a while since I've logged on to anything in the online world and I must say it was a very welcomed break.  Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy reading everyone's blogs and all, but I prefer actually being able to spend time with people in the real world.  But being back at college means that proximity becomes a major hinderance for the whole real world thing, so it's back to the web.  

Break was great!  It was a much needed month of relaxation and fun.  I loved catching up with with old friends and even got to spend a lot of time getting to know some more recent friends much better.  I was even able to find the time to read World War Z, which was amazing! (Thanks Woodstock!)  I already miss rocking out at Zombie's house and chilling at The Red One's or Phil's apt.  

As far as being back at school, today was quite a productive first day back.  I purchased my books for my classes and found out that my mythology class might be a bit more time consuming than I had expected.  The class requires eight books!  Even so, I think it will be an interesting class at least.  I also began learning to play the guitar today.  I spent roughly three and a half hours practicing chords and even managed to memorize the intro sequences to both "Santa Monica" by Everclear and Jimmy Eat World's "In the Middle."  Not the most amazing feat, but I think I'm picking up rather quickly for my first day.

Well the whole sleep deprivation thing is starting to kick my butt, so it's off to the lovely dream world for me.  It was great seeing everyone over break and I will see you all sometime in March hopefully. 

No comments: